- This event has passed.
DFW Private Education: Families of Color Conference
October 7, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm$30.00
**CHILDCARE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED**
DFW Private Education’s Families of Color Conference is a one day function that will bring African American families and local PreK – 12 private schools closer together. This event allows for open discussions to happen as well as helping schools learn how they can improve their schools’ efforts to encourage families of color to consider private primary education.
Childcare by Black-Tie Babysitting is available based on space and for those requesting childcare. Parents should periodically check their emails for follow up correspondence and child registration and waiver materials. While in childcare the children will have access to arts, crafts, a private bathroom, appropriate children’s movies, and their meal.
Doors will open at 2:00p. This will ensure that attendees can visit with some of our schools & businesses that are at display tables. This also allows for a smooth check-in process. This is a casual event so please come comfortable but we’d like to make you aware that Eleven29 Photography is our professional photographer for this event. The photographer will take pictures throughout the event, this includes the childcare room as well.
To learn more about the event please visit this link.
OCTOBER 5TH IS THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT
- Can I purchase tickets at the door?: Tickets may NOT be sold at the door. You must register online prior to the event
- What is the Refund Policy?: This is a no refund, no exceptions event, however, transfers may be made by or before Friday, September 28th.
- What does LDS mean? – LDS is a Learning Differences School. These schools are designed to support the needs of students who may need a specific school & learning environment to help them reach their educational goals.
- Is the food nut, dairy or gluten-free: No.
- Does my child have to go into the childcare room? No, it is optional for those who may need it but space is limited and pre-registration is required.
- Door Prizes: Each family attending will be entered in to win an amazing door prize and names will be sorted based on the age of your child. Please note; that we do have bikes as a prize and some of those bikes might be put together, come with an empty trunk!
- Is there a cost for children?: No, children 17 and younger are free to attend.
- Is this for faith-based schools and/or families only? No! This is event is open to all interested private schools within Dallas – Ft. Worth as well as all prospective families of all belief systems, statuses, and class.
- Is this event only for African American families: This event is open to all families who wish to attend and hear schools speak on the matter of racial diversity within their school. We realize there are many people of all colors that may hold this issue close to their heart and welcome them to join us.