Dallas International School
Dallas International School
Head of School: Catherine Lévy
Grades PreK - 12th
6039 Churchill Way, Dallas, TX 75230, USA
Dallas International School (DIS) is a one-of-a-kind private institution with 700 students and families from 50 different countries. Located on two campuses in the North Dallas area, DIS is accredited by the French Ministry of National Education, the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest, and the International Baccalaureate Organization. Our mission is to educate students of all backgrounds to contribute to a dynamic world through our internationally renowned curriculum and exposure to diverse cultural views.
At DIS, we strive to create global citizens by helping students learn in multiple languages, beginning with French immersion instruction at age two. Students are held to international education standards and learn how to think critically throughout their time here. Spanish instruction is taught at all grade levels. Chinese and German are also offered. High School students choose to continue their education taught in the French language, leading to the French Baccalaureate Diploma, or follow the English track, leading to the Advanced Bilingual International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
The cultural exposure afforded to learners at DIS is unparalleled. Whether studying French architecture on a class trip to Paris, speaking Spanish to a teammate on the soccer field or penning letters in Mandarin to students at one of our many sister schools around the globe, those who attend DIS will gain a rich understanding of countless cultures and societies. DIS students become the most competitive graduates for college placement in top-tier universities around the world.
- A bilingual education in a multicultural environment. Curriculum is taught in French and English, supplemented by Spanish, Mandarin and German.
- French education system, starting at age 2 and the option of pursuing either the French Baccalaureate Diploma or the Advanced Bilingual International Baccalaureate Diploma in High School All classes are taught by accredited teachers who are native speakers in the language of instruction.
- We organize student travel on a domestic (Texas, Washington DC) and international (Canada, France) level, starting in the elementary years and continuing through high school. A special exchange program with our sister schools all over the world is offered to our 10th grade students.
- DIS believes in a holistic approach to education. Students are exposed to and participate in the arts and STEM. Our athletics department is proud of their teams, and most recently of our State Champions in soccer! “Allez les tigres!”
- DIS graduates are accepted into top-tier universities in the US and around the world.